Optical Designer (f/m/d)
Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business. We employ around 4,000 people worldwide.
Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Optical Designer (f/m/d)
Job ID: 1007
Jena, Thuringia, DE
Date: Apr 29, 2023
- independent conception, feasibility assessment, design, specification and production support of optical components as well as highly complex optical system solutions based on requirement specifications
- evaluation and discussion of specifications from the point of view of optical design, transfer of specifications into functional specifications
- analytical investigations, optimization and tolerance calculations for optical components and systems
- production support & assistance in product start-up as well as in root cause analysis & solution finding in case of problems
- leading a functional team for further development of optical design tools with interface to commercial optical design software (primarily ZEMAX)
- independently anticipates internal and/or external business challenges; plays a key role in creating the internal optics design/technology roadmap and makes recommendations for improvements to processes, products or services
- interdisciplinary, project-oriented collaboration with internal and external development partners and provides expert advice on optical design issues and cross-discipline simulation and development tools
- preparation and coordination of submittals for internal and external development projects
- preparation of technical documentation and specification documents for product development
- international customer communication
- successfully completed studies (Uni/TU/FH) as natural scientist, mathematician or engineer
- doctorate is an advantage
- proven relevant professional experience and broad expertise in optical systems design as well as broad knowledge of other disciplines in the optical industry (design, metrology, manufacturing)
- international networking in the optical design community
- routine use of optical design software (ZEMAX & CodeV)
- several years of programming experience in Matlab or Python, furthermore programming experience in VBA, C, C++ or C# is desirable
- very good English skills, both written and spoken
- customer-oriented, goal-oriented, systematic and independent working style
- excellent teamwork and communication skills
- willingness to travel internationally
Name: Romy Beer
Phone.: (+49) 3641 65-2806
What we offer
At Jenoptik, people with the specific JENIUS character are changing the world with the power of light. That demands a spirit of exploration and dedication. If you’re one of us, come meet the challenges facing the world. At Jenoptik, we’re creating a better future for all of us.
The Advanced Photonic Solutions division of Jenoptik is a global OEM and machine supplier of solutions powered by photonics. Our engineering expertise excels across a broad portfolio of technologies in the fields of optics, laser technology, digital imaging, optoelectronics, sensors, as-well-as optical test and measurement equipment
In the Semi & Advanced Manufacturing strategic business unit, we serve our customers with high-performance optical systems differentiated by uncompromising precision. In close collaboration with our customers we develop application tailored beam-shaping optics, outstanding microoptics and opto-mechanical assemblies. Off-the-shelf F-theta lenses complement our offering.
Have we made you interested in this position?
If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dies ist eine auf dritten Jobbörsen gefundene Stellenanzeige. Wir bieten hierfür keinen Support, können diese aber jederzeit offline stellen. Für weitere Informationen: Datenschutzhinweise | Anzeige melden.